Invitation to the book presentation with photographs from 1900 to 1930 in the Arlberg and Hochtannberg region by Eugen Heimhuber
Friday, 16 March 2019, at 16.00,
Hubertushof Inn, Stuben
Georg Larsch, director of the FIS ski museum in Fischen, talks on Eugen Heimhuber
Christof Thöny talks on the content of the book and on historical aspects
An Outdoor gallery on historical photographs of Eugen Heimhuber was opened at Stuben am Arlberg on 19 december 2018. 30 large scale impressive photographs of the period of 1900 – 1930 give evidence of the Arlberg and Hochtannberg area – from Stuben, St. Christoph and St. Anton to Zürs Lech and Warth. Each billboard include a short explanation in German and English within its historical context.
The project was launched by the Foundation Friends of Hannes Schneider. An illustrated picture book, containing 128 pages of photographs taken by Eugen Heimhuber in the early years of the 20th century, will be presented in February 2019 at Stuben, issued by the edition "Lorenzi Verlag".
You can buy historical photographs from the Heimhuber collection online:
On the occasion ot the 800th anniversary of the first written document of the region, the Friends of Hannes Schneider have realized an exhition in Stuben am Arlberg in 2018. The theme of the exhibition called "The Emperor's last parlor- People and Stories" is the history of 200 years of living in Stuben am Arlberg. It is presented in pictures and short texts in German and English. The arc spans the history of the mountain village and begins with the quote from Joseph Ritter von Bergmann from 1868:
Right at the foot of the Arlberg lies the village and the postal station of Stuben with its 20 houses and 133 residents, known in common parlance as “the Emperor’s last parlor”.
While in 1800 the main industry was agricultural, carriage and road maintenance, in the course of the twentieth century the emphasis gradually shifted to tourism.